...where I hope the spiders don't find me...
Peace Corps Volunteer from February 2011 to May 2013
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
On my Way?
So, after teary goodbyes juxtaposed with pure excitement, I am stuck in the Syracuse Airport. Talk about hitting a brick wall. I'm hoping to make it out tonight. I feel like I'm missing college freshman orientation! Yeah, there might be some silly ice breakers, but I want to meet my fellow volunteers sooner rather than later. I'm trying to stay optimistic and not think about my luggage filled with 2 years of stuff floating between hands and carts down bellow in the blustery upstate NY weather. Showing up in Uganda empty-handed would be quite the transition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We will be thinking about you Lisa as you embark on this mission and labor of love over there. There are good people in every land. May you find you fill of smiling ones to greet you. Your own smile will open the door to them. May it be a full and meaningful time for you and others with you.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Don
Aunt June, Uncle George and I will be praying for you. I must admit it has been a dream of mine to go to Africa. However, at this time in my life it isnt possible, so I will live vicariously through you. I know that you will have your hands full with all you will need to do, but take time to enjoy yourself. Take advantage of this experience to the fullest extent, but at the same time be wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove. Take care. Love and Prayers,
ReplyDeleteCousin Deb
Oh what a great adventure! Many prayers will carry you along. Cherish every moment. It will fly by quicker than you anticipate.
ReplyDeleteLisa, I am thinking of you and sorry it has taken me so long to post.
ReplyDelete