Finally made it to Philadelphia today. Changed into business casual clothes, brushed my teeth, and ran out of my hotel room to meet everyone for the first time. I knew ahead of time that there was no way of avoiding the "all eyes on me" when first meeting everyone. I walked into the conference room and sure enough everyone stopped, turned, and stared. I couldn't have asked for a better welcome though. A room full of 43 PCV's clapping and welcoming me and expressing how happy they were that I finally made it! I instantly felt at ease and am so excited to spend the next 2+ years with these amazing people.
Lots and lots of info thrown at us today. Made it out for lunch and dinner with small groups. I'm getting to know most, but a few names remain fuzzy. Philly is great! First time here, can't believe it. Wish I could explore a bit more. Last night in the states though. In about 12 hours I'll be heading to South Africa. Is this really happening already??? I'm so ready! My last meal was from this little Vietnamese restaurant in China Town here. Shrimp Pho. Delicious rice noodle soup with shrimps and I added some siracha for an extra kick! My last lunch in the states was...of course...Indian food. I must find yogurt before I leave and then I will be complete!
With presidential elections soon after we arrive, I most likely will not be able to gain internet/cell access. So no worries if I am m.i.a. for a little while. As soon as I get internet up and running I'll be posting pictures and stories galore!
That's all for now--the next time I post I will be in UGANDA!!! :D
Lisa!! I have been thinking about you so much. I can't wait to hear how the first weeks have been. I am sure you are loving every minute of you new amazing experiences!
ReplyDelete